Sunday, September 13, 2009

Inspired by an interview with a shaper from the UK

I just read an interview with Tim Mason (http://www.masonsurfboards.com/) in the UK surf magazine Drift, "The Joys of Forward Trim." At first, I was drawn in by the photo of the retro board shapes. As I read on, however, I learned about a board that lends itself to my interest, a displacement hull. This board style has its origins in 1960s, which fits with my retro infatuation. The general specs on the board: it is around 7 feet with a single flex fin placed pretty far into the board. Not too much info for me to run with. I don't know what I will do for my next board--have been thinking about a thruster till now. I must say that I my creative spirit has been inspired by the above mentioned interview. Check it out. What is your vote for my next creation?

No comments: